Tuesday, January 31, 2012

June 9 (day 8)

On Thursday we drove to sharks cove to meet cousin John again and to snorkel.  It was a great place!  It was the best snorkeling of our trip.  I went out with annie and I would hold her hand and she would just be floating in her life jacket and I would have the flippers to really move us, but she's good at kicking, even without flippers.  Jarom had to come find me because I was having a great time and the baby had gotten hungry...oops.

A fun place for the kids to play in the water.


John actually got James to go in the water!!!  Thank you John!





After Snorkeling we went to Matsumotos for some great Hawaiian shave ice.  So yummy!



Some cute Hawaiian girls enjoying a Hawaiian treat.







We stopped by a beach to see the turtles.  I wish we could have snorkeled with some, but the kids liked seeing them, even though its pretty much like seeing them at the zoo because there was a person in charge of watching the turtles to make sure no one got too close or anything.

Our rental van.


After the turtle beach we ate chimmichangas at John's house for dinner.

And played on his beach.  We actually walked a ways down the beach and the kids were playing in the surf.  I felt a painful stinging and looked down and had a jellyfish tentacle around my ankle.  They were "blue bubbles" and were small, but it was still like a sting...I'm glad it was our last day because I would have been paranoid after that.












No comments: