On Tuesday we had tickets to the PCC, but we didn't need to be there until noon and we didn't want to waste time. So on the way there we went to a botanical garden. There weren't very many flowers there, or we didn't know where to go see them, because it was huge!!! But there were awesome ferns and the kids had fun even though it rained on us. Jarom had to push James in the umbrella stroller across the slippery jungle grass field.
A natural umbrella.
The rainy mountains looked awesome! I loved the waterfalls coming down.
Then we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. (PCC)
"PCC was awesome. I love the power of traditional cultures. Our modern world is so a drift its sad. I especially love the power of the Aotearoa Haka and other songs."
James (in orange) and Jarom as Maori.
Coconut tree climber.
Watching the show on the river.
Jarom found a Japanese speaker. There were also many Koreans working there. It made it hard to make progress walking.
I was trying to help with the weaving craft, but I needed help. Crafts are not my forte.
Spear throwing.
Fishing.
Unfortunately they caught one.
We went on a boat tour like the one here.
Ate at the Luau! Although Katherine and Lizzy were tired and "didn't like" most of the food...
Annie and Lizzy went up and did the Hula at the Luau.
We took some picture before seeing the night show "Ha: Breath of Life."
The night show was sooooo amazing. All of the kids loved it. James was mesmerized watching the fire dancers and jugglers and was rolling his hands like the twirling fire.
It was, of course, very late when we went home, and the kids fell asleep on the way, except Annie, who said:
"My sisters are asleep, that's a relief."
"I'm waxing old, can you order me a cane?" and other such nonsense.




















No comments:
Post a Comment